Coolie to CEO, small-time entrepreneur to business magnate, teenage student to retired grandparent—Rajinikanth’s punchlines hold a special place in the hearts of a wide spectrum of people. And so, in this book, P.C. Balasubramanian and Raja Krishnamoorthy attempt to interpret some of Rajinikanth’s most famous punchlines and demonstrate how each of them can be adapted as a motto for any business organization or in any life situation.
Rajinikanth is one of the most popular film actors from South India. A devout, self disciplined human being. A rags to riches story. An embodiment of human values. A cult figure par excellence. The way he conducts himself and professionally manages his career is unique. This book is an original and unique take on Brand Management, using Rajinikanth’s superstardom as a model for building and sustaining a successful brand.
Gautam completed Chartered Accountancy after several attempts and to his luck, landed up with Anand, a close friend and brilliant CA, to launch an Accounting Services company named FAB. He finds love in the same profession, without much ado. Can life really be all that simple and straightforward? Can mere accountants build a valuable, visible, scalable and glamorous enterprise that could also grab business from across borders?
- Sukanya Sriram
The ‘Magic mantras’ from Rajini’s Punchtantra…. A very ‘out of the box’ thinking! Absolutely engrossing in terms of content! We have often enjoyed Rajini’s quips and his messages in his movies and for me I always feel highly entertained and inspired every time I see any of his movies, even if it is for the ‘nth’ time!
This lovely book with 30 Rajini punch lines is just wonderful! The way the authors have related each one to life and business is absolutely creative! If one can follow these in business and life I think the authors have truly achieved what they wanted to! Makes an interesting read and highly recommended to business schools at UG and PG levels! Simple and yet powerful is what makes the book a ‘handbook’!
My best ‘Naan yaanai illa, kuthirai, keezha vizhundha takkunu yezundhupaen’!
The idea is to get motivated even if you have failed; one needs the resilience to bounce back with courage, confidence and strength! This book will certainly help one boost his morale! Kudos to the authors P.C. Balasubramanian and Raja Krishnamoorthy! Very innovative indeed! Lovely colourful cover, the print could have been a little bolder for easier reading - (Rajini's Punchtantra)
- A simple story made interesting. Read it to relate to it !! PC has done a fantastic job in putting together this fiction, a first for him after 2 successful books. Short, effective and engrossing touching on varied aspects from struggle to friendship to ethics and legality. Buy it, you won’t regret it !Ravi Ramamurthy
- Sami AK
Learn management, Rajini style! This book is must read for not only Rajini's fans but also those interested in Management and general administration. This book teaches us many things - move over Sun Tzu, Thalaivaar is here! It takes dialogs from Rajini and then expands a philosophy pertaining to it that may help one as a manager and a person. Must read! Hats off to the writers. Mind it! (Rajini's Punchtantra)
- A good story well told. I especially liked the local flavor and the simple unpretentious breezy style. Naivety of first time entrepreneurs, shenanigans of “consultants” , wheeling-dealing of brokers, and entrapment, all make an interesting tale. Way to go PC P C Bala ! Looking forward to your next !Mahesh Iyer
- Bringing on LegitimacySuresh Narayan
Being an avid, passionate Indian cinema fan, I've always found it odd that Movies are never discussed as part of ice breaking conversations that we have officially with clients and partners. GRAND BRAND RAJINI opens a door to make that possible Excellently researched, and written in simple, lucid style, it is quite amazing how the authors pulled off this almost incredible association of best selling global brands with Rajini. A must read for every student and practitioner of marketing and needless to mention, every Rajini fan.(GBR)
- Raghuram V
Many a times we see people rendering these dialogues, Most of the times we would have missed capturing the meaning.. This book makes it a point that we dont miss it...(Rajini's Punchtantra)
- If you are on a short haul flight, the right book to carry. Most CAs would relate to the initial portion of the book. Read it to relate to it !! PC has done a fantastic job in putting together this fiction, a first for him after 2 successful books. Looks like a difficult but determined effort to wean himself out of the Rajanikanth centric writing. Difficult because of the die hard fanatic following and determined because of the need to create a niche. And one must say he has succeeded well. A story of 2 friends going thru' the pull and push of entrepreneurship and injected with romance on the side. Written in simple language and interspersed with humor. Short, effective and engrossing, touching on varied aspects from struggle to friendship to ethics and legality. Buy it, you won't regret it!Ravi
- I was on the way to Coimbatore and promptly ensured that I carried the book “Ready. Steady. Exit. ” by P C Bala Subramanian. 1st half is a must for both CAs and Non CAs. The second half was a great thrill and a management lesson in more ways than one. I even felt emotionally touched on an occasion. Enjoyed the subtle sarcasm and humour. Couldn’t even skip a page. "Exceeded expectations!” Kudos.Krishnamoorthy
- Srinivasan KA
I would say it is a handbook to be used by any entrepreneur. The story line is very clear and the language is lucid. The punch is in the takeaways - very well related to the actor's career. Its like seeing "Baasha" - rejuvenating. Its difficult for any one to describe Rajini after this. The cult brand is most appropriate - the punch line is - "for a brand which has become a cult brand - there is no success or failure - it is just about being"... well said. The Archetype comparative table is out of the world... right brand right movie. Not to exaggerate - this book make a management student understand "BRAND" so easy. All brand comparisons are very interesting to ready- i love the KMPL conversion from KMPH by honda. Though it is a very serious read - the authors due to the relative way of story telling make the reader to read it like a novel.. i wish all the text books to follow this path so that the kids understanding of fundamental becomes more strong. (GBR)
- Gopinath Chintala
Really we have to appreciate the idea to convert popular 'Rajini's punch dialogues' to management tips. The style and narration is excellent. I am suggesting this book to all my students to go through the inner meaning of Rajini's punches besides enjoying his films! (Rajini's Punchtantra)