Abhi has no reasons to complain. He lives the American dream with his loving wife Anjali and his daughter. Life suddenly takes a downward turn when Anjali suspects him of having an affair with Deepali, his dear friend and colleague who is going through hell in her marital life. Abhi is offered a chance to set up his company’s Indian operations. Moving to India, Abhi is burdened by a request from his widowed father, his father’s dear friend’s last wish in life… Will Abhi be able to fulfill this request? Will Anjali understand him? Will Deepali find happiness? A Drizzle in the desert is a journey drenched with human emotions and relationships that each one of us would relate and relish.
Gautam completed Chartered Accountancy after several attempts and to his luck, landed up with Anand, a close friend and brilliant CA, to launch an Accounting Services company named FAB. He finds love in the same profession, without much ado. Can life really be all that simple and straightforward? Can mere accountants build a valuable, visible, scalable and glamorous enterprise that could also grab business from across borders?
Rajinikanth is one of the most popular film actors from South India. A devout, self disciplined human being. A rags to riches story. An embodiment of human values. A cult figure par excellence. The way he conducts himself and professionally manages his career is unique. This book is an original and unique take on Brand Management, using Rajinikanth’s superstardom as a model for building and sustaining a successful brand.
Coolie to CEO, small-time entrepreneur to business magnate, teenage student to retired grandparent—Rajinikanth’s punchlines hold a special place in the hearts of a wide spectrum of people. And so, in this book, P.C. Balasubramanian and Raja Krishnamoorthy attempt to interpret some of Rajinikanth’s most famous punchlines and demonstrate how each of them can be adapted as a motto for any business organization or in any life situation.
- A good story well told. I especially liked the local flavor and the simple unpretentious breezy style. Naivety of first time entrepreneurs, shenanigans of “consultants” , wheeling-dealing of brokers, and entrapment, all make an interesting tale. Way to go PC P C Bala ! Looking forward to your next !Mahesh Iyer
- Srinivasan KA
I would say it is a handbook to be used by any entrepreneur. The story line is very clear and the language is lucid. The punch is in the takeaways - very well related to the actor's career. Its like seeing "Baasha" - rejuvenating. Its difficult for any one to describe Rajini after this. The cult brand is most appropriate - the punch line is - "for a brand which has become a cult brand - there is no success or failure - it is just about being"... well said. The Archetype comparative table is out of the world... right brand right movie. Not to exaggerate - this book make a management student understand "BRAND" so easy. All brand comparisons are very interesting to ready- i love the KMPL conversion from KMPH by honda. Though it is a very serious read - the authors due to the relative way of story telling make the reader to read it like a novel.. i wish all the text books to follow this path so that the kids understanding of fundamental becomes more strong. (GBR)
- Gopinath Chintala
Really we have to appreciate the idea to convert popular 'Rajini's punch dialogues' to management tips. The style and narration is excellent. I am suggesting this book to all my students to go through the inner meaning of Rajini's punches besides enjoying his films! (Rajini's Punchtantra)
- Subbu Subramaniam
Who said accountants need to be boring guys. Here is a book written by 2 Chartered Accountants on brand. Very well researched, easy to read and very informative. But the best part is the excellent tying up of all the elements with Rajnikanth. This is a book that should be lapped up by the millions of Rajni fans. Those Rajni punch lines brought in every now and then, spice up the reading experience. One more Rajni blockbuster! (GBR)
Catchy title, and good collection of rajni's punch lines but rest of book is lame. Anyway for the price its merely a collection of dialogues which u can read in the index of the book itself. Beyond that index page, feels like the authors have just written some thing to fill the pages. (Rajini's Punchtantra)
- If you are on a short haul flight, the right book to carry. Most CAs would relate to the initial portion of the book. Read it to relate to it !! PC has done a fantastic job in putting together this fiction, a first for him after 2 successful books. Looks like a difficult but determined effort to wean himself out of the Rajanikanth centric writing. Difficult because of the die hard fanatic following and determined because of the need to create a niche. And one must say he has succeeded well. A story of 2 friends going thru' the pull and push of entrepreneurship and injected with romance on the side. Written in simple language and interspersed with humor. Short, effective and engrossing, touching on varied aspects from struggle to friendship to ethics and legality. Buy it, you won't regret it!Ravi
- A simple story made interesting. Read it to relate to it !! PC has done a fantastic job in putting together this fiction, a first for him after 2 successful books. Short, effective and engrossing touching on varied aspects from struggle to friendship to ethics and legality. Buy it, you won’t regret it !Ravi Ramamurthy
- Bringing on LegitimacySuresh Narayan
Being an avid, passionate Indian cinema fan, I've always found it odd that Movies are never discussed as part of ice breaking conversations that we have officially with clients and partners. GRAND BRAND RAJINI opens a door to make that possible Excellently researched, and written in simple, lucid style, it is quite amazing how the authors pulled off this almost incredible association of best selling global brands with Rajini. A must read for every student and practitioner of marketing and needless to mention, every Rajini fan.(GBR)
- Ganesh Subramaniam
Excellent book. A handbook very useful for anyone who is into marketing - whether a student or professional. Anyone who has a product to sell will get to know how important it is to create a brand that is identified, trusted and respected. I remember the old adage: You don't need to sell the product - just sell the concept; the product will sell itself. (GBR)
- I was on the way to Coimbatore and promptly ensured that I carried the book “Ready. Steady. Exit. ” by P C Bala Subramanian. 1st half is a must for both CAs and Non CAs. The second half was a great thrill and a management lesson in more ways than one. I even felt emotionally touched on an occasion. Enjoyed the subtle sarcasm and humour. Couldn’t even skip a page. "Exceeded expectations!” Kudos.Krishnamoorthy